Thursday, June 18, 2009

dance with me

you want to dance with me?
hold my hand then, i'll just take the lead.
ok, maybe i won't. but you'll notice i'll try.
in the end i'll let you lead, it's only because i am nervous.
i don't want you to feel my sweaty palms, that's embarrassing.
quit staring me right in the eyes, it only makes me feel closer to you.
it's ok for now, but i'm afraid for later.
you're just standing there, and i can smell you from here.
you walk really funny and i can only smile.
i don't know why, i was like a duck with my waddle waddle.
anyway, you're lovely.
so just continue dancing and i'll forget whatever bother i've had today.
you're not a bother so quit saying you don't want to be.
you're just there and i'm so happy to see you again.
i've grown accustomed to your wackness, to my forgetting to feel ugly.
i can only say this because i'm not worried you'll think i'm crazy.
i wonder if i turn red anymore.
i caught you once, but i could only smile.
keep dancing.
i'm not going anywhere so don't walk away from me.
i'm only getting started.
keep dancing please.

No comments: