Sunday, September 20, 2009

the world smiles at us.

today we float in place on cement as the clouds run above us.
my hearts beating and you can hear each pound,
you can feel each pound.
i can yours.
time, and the world stops and we're laughing.
nothing can touch us because we're up above.
nobody can catch us because we're flying.
you are here and you're going nowhere,
you listen to my silence and you look me in the eyes when they're blank.
you can hear me when i'm sleeping and you punish my strands of insanity that stream in our way. you keep them when i don't need them, when they're getting the best of us.
you're beautiful hands just keep me tight and balled in your palms and you squeeze.
you don't even have to say it anymore because i know.
when standing makes more sense then anything else and touching you means i'm untouchable, the world stops.
i can hear you when you're lips are closed.
still smiles around us when people can taste our being.
i get clumsy and right as my skin touches the ouch of ground you pick me up and i fall back into place, right back into your palms.
and fall asleep.
the world stops and smiles at us.

No comments: